Saturday, September 30, 2017

A Few of My Favorite Things

My next “assignment” started in a whirlwind of plan changes and the unknown. Undoubtedly, being peaceful with uncertainty has been a recurring theme for many years with me. It was even a challenge lining things up as I had virtually no cell service and limited internet in “Fern Gully”. The lady I was corresponding with obviously used texting as her primary mode of communication. It took a bit of time and effort before I could shift the correspondence to e-mail. Before that I’d walked or otherwise gotten myself to town just to make a phone call but wasn’t able to connect. I figured, if this was meant to be, it would all work out. I was to start Sept 1. The whole process was a practice in trust, living in the moment, taking inspired action and going with the flow. My current hostess could only give me a ride to Kona two days prior. The new hosts could not take me earlier as their previous assistant was leaving Aug 31. I sent messages to local friends asking if they could host me for two nights. Right away I got a yes and was thrilled with the flow feeling so effortless. Then, only a couple nights before departure, my interim host informs me she has a schedule conflict and now cannot accommodate me. This was cutting it down to the wire as I could not communicate via cell, didn’t have much internet and others don’t always check their messages immediately. Consequently, I was writing extensive messages in case this happened or that happened and copying people through the stages and such. I hadn’t heard anything affirmative ‘til the morning of departure which still were only possibilities requiring more details. I wasn’t even sure, at that point, if my current hostess could still drive me. It worked out she would take me but, since I didn’t know yet where I was going, she’d bring me to her university campus where I could spend a few hours ironing out details. Plans changed so many times due to responses and lack of responses. Now I was relying almost completely on texting – the opposite of my situation before – tediously composing detailed messages on my little antique phone. I finally got confirmation from my friend I’d hoped to visit most. The catch, it was simply a yes and I didn’t know where she lived. All the craziest things that could make life more interesting happened including us not being able to find the address on my hostess’ smart phone. Without that information, I couldn’t be dropped off after her classes so was taken along for her midwife visitations in the area the next few hours. Finally, many angels and resources later, the directions were acquired and my midwife mama graciously dropped me off.
I was soooo grateful after all the unknowns (and this is the extremely abridged account) to be welcomed into a beautiful home with an even more beautiful family overlooking Kealakekekua Bay. The amazing dolphin mural on the wall with a goddess floating on the water assured me I was definitely in the perfect place. This was my wonderful SeaStar, Kim, who took me for a magical dolphin swim in that same bay last time I was in Hawaii – November 2015. Her three young children were the sweetest ever and quite refreshing to be around. They were so kind and encouraging to each other and brilliant as well. The couple days I was gifted there were a restorative retreat preparing me for whatever was next. Little did I know how much I would need it.

My new hostess picked me up accompanied by two of her three children. They all seemed so delightful and I hoped we would gel just as perfectly. I was so excited about the house I stayed at facing directly out to the ocean! From there I could see the sun setting in the sea! All around were palm trees, plumeria, jasmine, hibiscus, fern, ti plants and more of the foliage I love. In the yard was a mango tree laden with huge sweet fruit. I could eat mango to my heart’s content. It was a 6 minute walk to a quiet shoreline cove and 10 minutes to Magic Sands Beach. Later I found out it is also called Disappearing Sands Beach due to the fact the sea claims the sand for weeks at a time before redepositing it to form the beach again. Fortunately, I was there during “beach time”.



The first few days seemed fairly promising but, as time wore on, they turned a bit baffling. Yet again a phenomenon, which has happened a number of times in my life, presented. Piece by piece, what I thought was, mysteriously proved to be something completely different – not a little, completely. There are a number of truths I remind myself with when experiencing a perplexing situation. “I don’t know the real meaning of what I see” was definitely reinforced on a daily basis. On one particularly interesting day almost a month in, everything changed on a dime. Within 24 hours I was on my way to my next adventure. The purpose of my mission there may remain a mystery forever. Bewildering to my little human self, my Higher Self reassured with knowing many truths. Without a shadow of a doubt, I know I was exactly in the right place at the right time. No matter outward appearances, I definitely brought a positive energy to the situation with my presents/presence. Through thick and thin, I was able to peacefully remain the calm eye of the storm. I bask in gratitude for all the gifts I received from that experience both known and hidden.



Speaking of the gifts......I was able to experience a few of my favorite things (hear that musically)…. Finally, I was constantly in a comfortable temperature – something specific to very few areas I’ve been in my life. While the beach was pretty tiny and often covered with masses of humanity, I did get to enjoy it very early in the morning and sink my toes into its magic sands. Lulled by the hypnotic crash of the waves on the shore, my eyes drank in that intense aquamarine hue that makes me go Mmmmmm! Although I didn’t get a physical dolphin encounter, I felt their energy and was visited
by my other marine friends – honus. On a number of occasions, one critical from a physical perspective, the sea turtles gently reminded me with their relaxed behavior to go with the flow. The sun graced me with brilliant light shows on his way to wake up folks in another part of the world. The intoxicating fragrance of frangipani, aka plumeria, wafted to me wherever I went as well as various colored blossoms often finding their way into my hair. Experienced days full moon enchantment. While I never saw any volleyball action at the net on the beach near me, I was able to catch some at another court a couple times a week. I met a new friend, Alice, who recently heard the call to move to Hawaii and had fun times with her. Did I mention I had all the sweet, delicious mangos I could possibly eat? I even managed a few quiet candlelit bubble baths. Of deep meaningful inner privilege was the opportunity to communicate with another precious unborn angel in close proximity. So many magical moments!




At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I reiterate my appreciation for so many of my favorite things. It is interesting to notice, wherever I have been so far, I am able to manage a fraction of my favs along with a mix of not so desirable things. It may be my imagination, although that is a powerful part of this process, but I feel my fraction of favs is increasing. The more I focus on the bright things, the more the Universe fills my order. Thus, I continue playing in the Light with my intent to increase it both for myself and all around me.

Do you wish to dance increasingly in the Light? Do you want to be more cognizant of the ways you are manifesting your results? Would you like someone to lovingly guide you along your journey? Find out if TelephoneWellness Guidance is appropriate for you with a complimentary session.

Are you are enjoying reading these musings? Have you been inspired, entertained or encouraged by these stories? If you find value and are able to contribute to my ongoing mission of light, please consider making a donation via Paypal, check or money order or any other way you feel called to support my quest and, indirectly, yours.


Closing with a final swirling of love and mahalo. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment